RedShelf and our staff place significant importance on maintaining the privacy of our users, publishers, members, sellers, and others who use RedShelf ("You" or "Users"). By using RedShelf, you expressly provide consent to the practices regarding information and privacy described below.
A. INFORMATION COLLECTED BY REDSHELF
- a. By creating an account on RedShelf you will be asked to provide personal information such as your name, email address, mailing address, and telephone number.
- b. When accessing content on RedShelf, we or one of our advertising partners, may send one or more "cookies" to your computer. RedShelf may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies disappear after closing your browser. Persistent cookies remain after closing your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to RedShelf.
- c. "Automatically Collected" Information: When you access content on RedShelf or open one of our HTML emails, we may automatically record certain information from your system by using different types of tracking technology. This "automatically collected" information may include Internet Protocol address ("IP Address"), a unique device or user ID, version of software installed, system type, the referring search query used to locate content and pages on RedShelf, the content and pages that you access on RedShelf, the dates and times that you visit RedShelf, and information from your Facebook account that you make publicly available, which is provided to us by Facebook via the Facebook APIs.
- d. RedShelf does not store information used to complete and process payment transactions on RedShelf. RedShelf utilizes third party payment gateway service providers to complete transactions and, therefore, does not store your payment information.
B. HOW INFORMATION COLLECTED BY REDSHELF IS USED
- a. RedShelf may also use the information that you provide or that we collect to serve you with advertisements. Additionally, information is used to the extent necessary to comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act as a service provider.
- b. Your email address may be used, without additional consent, for administrative communication such as notifying you of account activity, updates, customer service, address possible copyright infringement, or to contact you regarding any content that you may have posted to or purchase from RedShelf.
- c. Information is also utilized to understand usage trends of our users, add new and upgrade current services provided by RedShelf, and improve the cosmetic appeal of user interfaces.
- d. RedShelf may use "Automatically Collected" information and "cookies" information to: (a) remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access RedShelf; (b) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed; (c) provide such metrics to Users as they pertain to such User’s uploaded content; and (d) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
C. WHEN AND HOW REDSHELF DISCLOSES INFORMATION
- a. RedShelf does not share your personally identifiable information with other organizations for their marketing or promotional uses without your prior express consent.
- b. RedShelf may disclose aggregated or other types of non-personally identifiable information to third parties for various purposes, including marketing or promotional uses. For example, RedShelf may disclose non-personally identifiable information to interested third parties to assist them in understanding the usage, viewing, and demographic patterns of users on RedShelf.
- c. Please be aware that any personally identifiable information that you voluntarily choose to display to or on RedShelf – such as when you publish attribution credits for documents or profile information – becomes publicly available and may be collected and used by others without restriction.
- d. Please be aware that any personally identifiable information that you voluntarily choose to display on RedShelf becomes publicly available and may be collected and used by other without restriction.
- f. RedShelf may disclose User information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright law) or respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant in the manner required by the requesting entity.
- g. RedShelf also reserves the right to disclose User information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary: to take precautions against liability; to protect RedShelf from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; to investigate and defend ourselves against third-party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of RedShelf; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of RedShelf, our Users, or others.
- h. RedShelf shows aggregate information about content viewers/purchasers in our analytics section. This information includes geographical information (city/state/country) of people viewing the content, which content was viewed, when content was viewed, how many times content was viewed, and how much time content was viewed for. This aggregate information is available only to the owners/sellers of content posted to RedShelf.
D. YOUR CHOICES
- a. You may, of course, decline to share your personally-identifiable information with RedShelf, in which case RedShelf will not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on RedShelf. You may update, correct, or delete your user information and preferences at any time.
- b. To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE SECRECY OF YOUR UNIQUE PASSWORD AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION AT ALL TIMES.
E. REDSHELF COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY
- a. REDSHELF USES COMMERCIALLY REASONABLE PHYSICAL, MANAGERIAL, AND TECHNICAL SAFEGUARDS TO PRESERVE THE INTEGRITY AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. WE CANNOT, HOWEVER, ENSURE OR WARRANT THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION YOU TRANSMIT TO REDSHELF, AND YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. ONCE WE RECEIVE YOUR TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION, REDSHELF MAKES COMMERCIALLY REASONABLE EFFORTS TO ENSURE THE SECURITY OF OUR SYSTEMS. HOWEVER, PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT A GUARANTEE THAT SUCH INFORMATION MAY NOT BE ACCESSED, DISCLOSED, ALTERED, OR DESTROYED BY BREACH OF ANY OF OUR PHYSICAL, TECHNICAL, OR MANAGERIAL SAFEGUARDS.
- b. IF REDSHELF LEARNS OF A SECURITY SYSTEMS BREACH, THEN WE MAY ATTEMPT TO NOTIFY YOU ELECTRONICALLY SO THAT YOU CAN TAKE APPROPRIATE PROTECTIVE STEPS. REDSHELF MAY POST A NOTICE ON REDSHELF.COM IF A SECURITY BREACH OCCURS. DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU LIVE, YOU MAY HAVE A LEGAL RIGHT TO RECEIVE NOTICE OF A SECURITY BREACH IN WRITING. TO RECEIVE A FREE WRITTEN NOTICE OF A SECURITY BREACH YOU SHOULD NOTIFY US AT ADMIN@REDSHELF.COM.
F. REDSHELF COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
- a. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS REDSHELF AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER.
- b. PROTECTING THE PRIVACY OF YOUNG CHILDREN IS ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT. FOR THAT REASON, REDSHELF DOES NOT KNOWINGLY COLLECT OR MAINTAIN PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION FROM PERSONS UNDER 13 YEARS-OF-AGE. IF REDSHELF LEARNS THAT PERSONALLY-IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION OF PERSONS LESS THAN 13-YEARS-OF-AGE HAS BEEN COLLECTED ON OR THROUGH REDSHELF, THEN REDSHELF WILL TAKE THE APPROPRIATE STEPS TO DELETE THIS INFORMATION.
- c. IF YOU ARE THE PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN OF A CHILD UNDER 13 WHO HAS BECOME A REDSHELF MEMBER, THEN PLEASE CONTACT REDSHELF AT ADMIN@REDSHELF.COM TO HAVE THAT CHILD’S ACCOUNT TERMINATED AND INFORMATION DELETED.
- d. THE FOLLOWING ARE SOME RESOURCES THAT MAY HELP PARENTS AND LEGAL GUARDIANS IN MONITORING AND LIMITING YOUR CHILDRENS' ACCESS TO CERTAIN TYPES OF MATERIAL ON THE INTERNET. WHILE REDSHELF DOES NOT ENDORSE THESE PRODUCTS, WE PROVIDE INFORMATION ABOUT THEM AS A PUBLIC SERVICE TO OUR COMMUNITY.
- i. "OnGuard Online," maintained by the Federal Trade Commission.
- ii. WiredSafety
- iii. Netsmartz.org
- iv. The Child Safety Network
- v. Control Kids
- vi. Cyber Sitter
- vii. Net Nanny
G. INTERNATIONAL VISITORS
- a. FOR USERS VISITING REDSHELF FROM THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA OR OTHER NON-U.S. TERRITORIES, PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY DATA YOU ENTER INTO REDSHELF WILL BE TRANSFERRED OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA OR SUCH OTHER NON-U.S. TERRITORY FOR USE BY REDSHELF AND ITS AFFILIATES FOR ANY OF THE PURPOSES DESCRIBED HEREIN. IN ADDITION, BECAUSE REDSHELF OPERATES GLOBALLY, WE MAY MAKE INFORMATION WE GATHER AVAILABLE TO WORLDWIDE BUSINESS UNITS AND AFFILIATES. BY PROVIDING ANY DATA TO OR ON REDSHELF, YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY CONSENT TO SUCH TRANSFERS OF YOUR DATA TO THE UNITED STATES OR OTHER COUNTRIES.
H. IN THE EVENT OF MERGER OR SALE
- a. IN THE EVENT THAT REDSHELF IS ACQUIRED BY OR MERGED WITH A THIRD-PARTY ENTITY, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT, IN ANY OF THESE CIRCUMSTANCES, TO TRANSFER OR ASSIGN THE INFORMATION THAT WE HAVE COLLECTED FROM USERS AS PART OF THAT MERGER, ACQUISITION, SALE, OR OTHER CHANGE OF CONTROL.
J. REDSHELF CONTACT INFORMATION